Cast iron teapots were originally created in ancient China. They were then adopted and developed by the Japanese in the 17th century into practical as well as decorative handicraft items sold under the name of Tetsubin. The cast iron tea pots symbolize the everlasting strength and unity of the world and the more intricate are often given as gifts and kept as status symbols.
Through special treatments, impurities are removed from the cast iron during the production process. A coating of misty black enamel is then applied to help prevent the formation of rust.
Due to their strength of construction these pots may be used as kettles (to boil water) or as teapots (to brew tea). Most sizes come with a stainless steel mesh infuser for brewing loose tea. If using the pot to boil water this infuser should be removed before doing so.
The pot has been decorated with a Dragonfly design . This beautiful and intricately dragonfly cast iron teapot creates a Western interpretation of the timeless aesthetics of the Far East. Timeless and elegant, it makes teatime always feel like an adventure. Invite friends over for a cup of tea that will always impress.
Height; handle up 15.5 cm, handle down 9.5cm
Diameter; 18cm , with spout 21cm
Weight; 1.5kg empty
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
(1) Green Dragonfly 26 oz. Primula Cast Iron Teapot with Lid,
(1) Stainless Steel Infuser, Use and Care included in the package.
• PREMIUM FILTRATION SYSTEM- The high-grade stainless steel fine mesh infuser filter is perfect for loose leaf teas, keeping sediment out of your cup. Ideal teapot for brewing your favorite cup of tea, whether it be your breakfast tea, afternoon tea or your bedtime tea. Whether you enjoy green tea, herbal tea, detox or medicinal tea, this tea infuser pot is a great choice.
• EASY TO CLEAN- The inside of this cast iron teapot is coated with enamel, making this teapot very easy to clean, and does not require seasoning like other cast iron teapots
• BEAUTIFUL DRAGONFLY DESIGN – The perfect tea accessory. Great gift idea for teachers, Moms, the tea lover in your life. They are sure to appreciate this lovely gift.